Re: (TV) Re: TV guitar.....

> I wonder what the reserve is on this. So far, the price bid seems sorta in
> line with the price on a non-god used 60s Jazzmaster, right?
>
> The Carlucci messages about Tom's financial security from a few months
> back (he's not rich, but he's not poor...he's a penny-pincher smart
> spender) are what keep repeating in my head on this. Are we just making a
> big deal about someone selling a guitar that they don't use anymore, or is
> this an indicator that Tom Verlaine needs us each to go out and buy 10
> copies of all his records to give to our friends?
>
> Michael, any insight on this one? How did Verlaine do on those sales of
> acetates a few months back?

>  Again, I do not believe it's the MM guitar. It's a great selling point, but
he coulda said that about any of the guitars. I have no idea how many
Jazzmasters he has, I know that on one of his tours all of Tom's equipment
was stolen which I believe never turned up either. I can't imagine that he'd
sell a Jazzmaster that he really likes. There's gotta be a reason for this
going besides money. He is playing a little so he's got some money coming
in. I can't
figure this one out, but if I had the money I still wouldn't buy it because
of the doubtfulness of it's being the MM guitar. M T C