(TV) Thomas Verlaine and jaguars

As a jaguar owner I am intrigued. I'm sure I read Tom
saying somewhere that he used a Jaguar for every cut
on one of his albums. I may be imagining this.
However, isn't Tom clearly playing a Jaguar on the
inside cover of The Miller's tale? It may not be live
however. Also, There is a pic of TV in the Rock
handbook from 1982 that has a picture of Tom playing a
natural wood finish Jaguar. But! It has not one single
coil! It has not Jazzmaster pickups! It has
humbuckers! One whiteish and one that is black! What
on earth is this guitar all about? Is it a custom job?
Personally, I was thinking of getting my jaguar's
single coil at the bridge taken out and getting a
humbucker installed, but getting one of them switches
that alternates between full humbucking and single
coil, to increase the versatility of my guitar. Has
anybody out there got a jaguar?

=====
Nothing ever happens until it happens twice - Tom Verliane