Re: (TV) Your "soul" music

Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:
> As a conversation starter, what do you put on when you've been emptied out
> and need to fill up again?

Hmmm.  Good question.  Earnest pop will do it to me - some XTC, the dB's
(or the Holsapple/Stamey album Mavericks), early Elvis C. or the Ramones
will do - so will Nuggets.  Mike O. mentioned the Byrds, which is perfect.
That'll keep me going, but is ultimately fluff.

For serious fuel for the soul, Monk is good, but In A Silent Way by
Miles really helps.  Certain Zappa works, too - Hot Rats, the Grand Wazoo,
Waka Jawaka or One Size Fits All fill me up.  Sofa #1 from OSFA is almost
perfect.

Maggot Brain from PFunk eases me back into the world.  I love "When Worlds
Collide" from Pere Ubu, and for plain old fun, there's NRBQ.