Re: (TV) Scary Thought....

There's a lot of NY rock that fills the bill, but in the interests of not
being redundant, I'd have to list:

XTC - English Settlement (Import version only!) and Black Sea
Frank Zappa - One Size Fits All and Hot Rats
R&L Thompson - Shoot Out the Lights
Brian Eno - Another Green World and Before and After Science
King Crimson - Discipline and Beat

I'm on lists for XTC and Crimso and I used to be on the Thompson list,
so I guess the obsession level's about the same.