Re: (TV) Well, how about that?

Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> writes

>Astral Weeks - yes, yes and yes.  This is an album that hasn't lost a
>bit of greatness over time.  Everyone should own this album, especially
>if they think of Van Morrison as "that guy who wrote John Melonhead's
>Wild Night!"
>
>At least the immensely overrated Led Zeppelin didn't ooze their way this
>high! (No sir, I don't like it!)

Rubber Soul was no.21 and The White Album came in at no.7

With you on "Warm Jets", Joe but, oddly enough, I feel exactly the same
about Van Morrison as you do about Zeppelin. And the same about Zeppelin
as you do about Morrison!

Van Morrison - it's just like Steely Dan for me; what is it about this
ordinary, tedious stuff? It sounds like lift (elevator) music to me. I
suspect, though, that I'm in a minority here. A friend told me 20 years
ago that if I didn't "get" Steely Dan then it was definitely my loss.
I've managed to get by without it, though. Sorry if I sound
unnecessarily belligerent on this but well-meaning friends have been
driving me from rooms with these two for years.

I guess there's no hope for me...

Keith
--
Keith Allison