(TV) Richard Lloyd's New LP

Title: Richard Lloyd's New LP
   Okay guys,

   for the last 10 days I've had to keep my mouth shut regarding the new
RL LP. Michael Rosenberg, who's releasing the thing on his own label
stopped by to play me a few of the LP's tracks. The three that I heard
were "Knockdown, Ain't It Time and Torn Shirt". For those of you who
were just complaining about the weak guitars on "Alchemy", you're in for
a treat when you hear the guitars in yer face here. Real powerful stuff.
The vocals aree more for effect, or as another instrument you might say.
The melodies are as good as anything if not better than the songs from
Alchemy. Though it's 20 years later so it's really not fair to compare it
to that LP. I think Richard wanted a Cars like record then(which is what
he got). Now it seems he wants a balls to walls sound and that's exactly
what he got. If this doesn't put him at the helm of guitar hero, nothing
will. All I kept thinking was Jeff Beck during the Truth/Beck-Ola period.
It's a definite guitar record. one that wil be having kids trying to figure
out how the hell is he doing that. I'm not sure what I was expecting. I knew
it wouldn't be Television-esque, which it's not, though if I had to pick
similarities I'd have to say maybe "Call Mr. Lee" could fit on this LP without
getting lost. I can't say if the LP is consistent since I haven't heard the whole
thing. But if the rest of the LP is like those three then this is going to be a
monster guitar record, certainly one that'll take Richard out from behind
Tom's shadow. M T C