Re: (TV) lloyd's new record: sales

Depends if he tours, how much he tours and hawks the
album at the shows. I know a bar band that has been
hawking their cd and have sold 10,000 plus copies and
they are nowhere near the league of Richard Lloyd.

It may also depend on what distribution deal he inks.
Frank Black is basically an indy act now and in
Canada, distributes through Sonic Unyon.  While not
stellar sales, he probably makes more than being
distributed by a major.

Plus, the indy release may generate enough of a buzz
where a bigger indy or even a major (looking for a
token artist) may pick it up.  Katrina and the Waves
(Kimberly Rews group) did this quite succesfully.
Their first two lps where indys (distributed in Canada
by True North) got picked up, re-recorded as one and
given major league push.  I'm being an optimist here
but I'm hoping the best for Lloyd.

One last thought/question: How many cds has Bibi
Farber pushed?

Greg