(TV) whatuya listenin' to

Hi all,

George Jones, A Cup Of Loneliness, a compilation of the best of his hardcore
honky-tonk & rockabilly songs recorded for Starday and Mercury in the late
50's/early 60's. The guitar playing on "Revenoor Man", a follow-up to the
novelty rockabilly hit, "White Lightning" is twisted and amazing, like Chet
Atkins meets Cliff Gallup. The song, "Mr. Fool" is one of the most amazing
vocals I've ever heard, and the chord changes and pedal-steel playing are
superb. George's voice has that piercing quality that Howlin' Wolf gets on
"Who's Been Talkin'". Chilling. Also, Ray Price, "Crazy Arms", same story.
That's a damn song!
James Burton's soulful slide dobro playing on Merle Haggard's 60's Capitol
records like Pride In What I Am (a real-country music version of Beggar's
Banquet) and especially his tribute to Jimmie Rodgers, Same Train, Different
Time, is unbelievable. Check it out.
Scott