Re: (TV) FW: Statement of Roger McGuinn re MP3

This is great!  I would love nothing better than to see the old
labels fold their tents and go the way of the snake-oil salesman.

The sheer amount of greed they exhibit is killing them, and it's
about time.  They deserve no second chance, no government protection
of their theiving practices.  It's time for a new sysem to come to
the fore.  The traditional labels could have embraced the new
technology, though it may have cut into their exorbitant profits,
but instead they called their lawyers and tried to bully the new
boys out of existence.  It's too late, fellas.  Pack up your tent
and go away.

Kudos and huzzahs to Roger.  And I'm glad he's making a few bucks
these days.

Y'know, it astounds me that I can name at least a dozen Byrds or
McGuinn songs off the top of my head, and turn around and pull out
some of his music on both vinyl and CD, and yet he's never made a
nickel on royalties.

Thanks for forwarding this, Mike!