Re: (TV) Music Critic Bashing/Ancient R. Lloyd Critique

Wow, thanks, Leo. Really nice piece of writing. Tom Carson wrote the novel _Twisted Kicks_ (which I haven't read) and the liner notes on the back of the Human Switchboard's _Who's Landing in My Hangar_. Those notes are another great piece of rock writing, and it's a good album, too (just like Tom says).

Since it's been kind of quiet lately, here are my latest obsessions:

Naked City: _Radio_.  Mind-blowingly aggressive playing from Bill Frisell,
	great Zorn compositions, and some hilarious and scary vocals by
	Yamataka Eye.  It's been sustaining me of late.

Ikue Mori with Robert Quine and Marc Ribot: _Painted Desert_.
	Often understated, but extremely tasty playing.  Quine's in fine form
	on this one, and some of the noisemaking peaks are deeply satisfying.
	There's no mistaking his tone, either, and he and Ribot work very well
	together.

Louis Armstrong and his Hot Five and Hot Seven:  Sony's about to release a 4-CD
	set of these early recordings, and I'm waiting...

The For Carnation: (s/t)

JLRP/The Downer Trio: 3

So what is currently obsessing those of us out there?

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/