Re: (TV) Music Critic Bashing/Ancient R. Lloyd Critique

Thanks for the article, it was a good read.  One thing
that struck me about the author's description of
Television was made apparant to me a while back from
Howard's generous labour of love.  Listening to
Verlaine solo live and Television live, I think Lloyd
makes Verlaine a better guitarist.  I am not sure if
it is the challenge of having two guitarists aspiring
towards different goals (I liked the ether, mining
underground contrast), having another guitarist
challenging for the top spot (thus pushing Verlaine
harder to be better, Rip can't do this), or some other
theory but his playing is sharper (to my ears) when
Lloyd pushes him.

Greg