Re: (TV) Music Critic Bashing/Ancient R. Lloyd Critique

i really really like the harry smiths....johansen's not
bellowing at all...& the source material is obviously pure.
he caresses some of the songs in ways i'd never heard him
work before...the band are competent to really good...never
ever teeters at the edge, which is initially disappointing,
but johansen has truly learned how to sing a goddamn song...
i've seen daevid allen before (& i once saw a VERY drunk
solo acoustic kevin ayers....laughably entertaining...his
guitar was unbearably outta tune, he was fingering chords
wrong, slurring, staggering...it was a treat...)...never
really hepped to the other soft machine dudes (notable
exception: the rough trade years robert wyatt)...too
conceptual or muso-heavy, i suppose.
if i'm in the mood, ayers does me just right...love his
voice.