Re: (TV) Music Critic Bashing/Ancient R. Lloyd Critique

--- Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:
> Wow, thanks, Leo.  Really nice piece of writing.
> Tom Carson wrote
> the novel _Twisted Kicks_ (which I haven't read)
> So what is currently obsessing those of us out
> there?

Hey I read this book a long time!  Didn't think much
of it though and it may just add fuel to the fire that
rock critics are frustrated musicians...perhaps they
are really frustrated by musicians?

Current obsessions?  A lot of Tragically Hip, Scritti
Politti (why I have no idea), Ween, 20/20 (anyone ever
hear of this LA band that, in the late 70's early 80's
was hyped to become bigger than the Knack), and the
Archers of Loaf Vee Vee, on which the guitars rule.

I almost went to a Matthew Good concert in
Saskatchewan a week ago but he walked off the stage
when someone picked him off in the head with a shoe
while he was berating the crowd.  A little suckish
seeing how he started an insult/pout fest with the
crowd (prior to being nailed with the aforementioned
projectile) so I am glad I missed that.  Has a couple
of good albums though.

Greg