(TV) Currently...

I'm still abuzz from the show I saw last Friday night - Project/Object,
featuring Ike Willis.  These 6 youngish guys and Ike play the music
of Frank Zappa, and rather than just coming off like the Blushing
Brides ("the ULTIMATE Rolling Stones tribute!  Gack...), these guys put
on a show worthy of Frank himself.

Besides being excellent musicians (I never knew Ike was a killer on the
guitar!), they brought the topical social commentary along.  It was as
good as any FZ show I ever saw.  Ike brought a tear to my eye when he
played the solo to "Outside Now" and stuck a cigarette up between the
strings and the headstock.  They made me laugh like a lunatic when the
keyboard player shaved his head during the second act.  I damn near
pissed my pants when they remarked about the Republican National
Convention, "Whenever you've got a Dick and a Bush, *someone's* going
to get fucked!"

This wonderful show has precipitated a week-long Zappafest on my
CD players.  Do yourself a favor and go to http://www.projectobject.com
and find out if they're playing near you, and GO if they are.  My wife,
who has never been a Zappa fan, decalred the show to be one of the best
she's seen, so it ain't just me :)