Re: [RE: (TV) MM Vinyl v. CD/"5 Miles of You"/Cameron Crowe's "Almost Famous"]

I know I can go on about vinyl vs. CD, so I'll make this quick.  Although
they're much better now than they were at the time they mastered MM at
sidestepping the flaws inherent in the CD medium, still, as Neil Young so
aptly put it, they "set the bar way too low" when developing the standards for
digital.  They're trying to correct that now, though naturally there are two
competing technologies (Sony's Super Audio CDs and Phillips' audio-quality
DVDs, each of which, I think, would require new players).  Hold out a few more
years until one of these formats wins out and then lobby hard for an
audiophile version of Marquee Moon.  It might even rival the sound of the
vinyl edition.

- Jeff