Re: (TV) The Damned

don't wanna dis the dead boys TOO much, but there's a
universe of (qualatative) difference twixt they & the
damned....
"young, loud & snotty" has a coupla great songs but the
damned have more than a coupla GREAT LPs.
from many accts, the damned were also a huge influence on
alotta the early west coast punk (specifically LA) bands cos
they were one of the 1st & only UK punk groups to play there
(the whiskey, i think).
& to go further with this damned tangent, i gotta say i
prefer post-brian james damned, tho when sensible left,
things went downhill.
i'd say "machine gun etiquette" & "the black album" (going
to put that on right now, in fact) are 2 of the best back to
back rock & roll recs ever.