Re: (TV) intro to tv

My first intro is similar to the ones I have read.  I
grew up in a small town that was fortunate enough to
have two independently owned record stores as chains
tend to only have top 40.  When I was in grade 9, one
of the stores had Marquee Moon in the new release
section despite that it was 1982 or so (bad joke
unintended).  I had read snippets about them for years
in Hit Parader so I bought the LP.  I remember it like
it was yesterday when the needle went down and the
opening riffs to Prove It came on.  First, it wasn't
punk like I was expecting, second I thought "what the
hell is this" and third, those guitars!  Side one
never budged off my turntable for 2 months.  I then
listened to side two.  It changed everything I knew
about music and I ditched heavy metal and began buying
every new wave/alternative album I could find, though
the results were never quite a satisfying.  Shortly
after, when Dream Time came out, I bought that, and
like Micah said, those opening chords still give me
chills.  It sealed the deal, I ordeered a ton of stuff
from Disques Du Monde in New York (using my mom's
credit card who was less then impressed) and I have
been a TV fanatic ever since, though not a purist as
Dream Time is the greatest album ever made in my mind.
 Oh yeah, I paid my mom back.