From: AndrewMFC@aol.com [mailto:AndrewMFC@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2000 2:36 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) What CDs are you listenin' to at the office?

In a message dated 11/10/2000 3:55:25 PM Central Standard Time,
noahl@U.Arizona.EDU writes:

> How's the J Mascis album? I'm kinda scared to hear that one...

Well...  there's nothing particularly groundbreaking on it, despite the
presence of  Kevin Shields and Bob Pollard.  But darn it if the first time I

put it in the discman I couldn't help but walk down the street with a huge
grin on my face!  These days everyone seems to be pushing stuff like
Tortoise
etc. at me and dammit it was so great to hear something that essentially
might have come out in 1992 -- the first track is a wonderfully tasty single

that might as well be a Dinosaur Jr. song, and J. is still an awesome guitar

player in my book.  I guess I just missed this kind of rock.  I suppose if
you're not a Mascis fan you can just go back and put on an old Mudhoney disc

to get that same vibe, but I for one am glad J. is still interested in
making
music.
Where ya been indeed...