Re: (TV) TV reforming

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>
> One thing I've come to learn through this list and elsewhere is that
> most of the guitar work that I've admired in TV has been Richard's doing
> and not Tom's, though Tom seems to garner all the "guitar hero" fame.
>
> Put me down for a "It's not Television without Richard" vote, and don't
> dimple the chad!

Hear, hear Joe!!! Richard has been in Tom's shadow far too long - i've been
listening to Matthew Sweet's "girlfriend" again today and it's made me
realise just how much his spontaneous little signature trills and licks
really grab and excite me-he really sounds freed up on these tunes to cut
loose and play whatever he likes - sounds like he's having an absolute ball.

If anyone hasn't heard this record i really ,really recommend that you check
it out-i think it contains some of Richard's most fired up and inventive
playing and also has some great,strong melodies from Sweet - bit uninspired
lyrically mind you but that's a very minor gripe....

btw Keith need any more toffee apple salespeople? (just in case :-^ ).

also I hear you're an old hand at organising and running festivals
yerself.......

best to one and all    R.