Re: (TV) amps

Look, I love my two tube amps - my Fender Super 60 (much maligned by those
who never figured out how to work it) and my Peavy Classic 20 - but if I
every play out again, I'll be using my Fender performer 1000, essentially a
solid state amp with a preamp tube stuck in there somewhere.  There are bad
sounding and good sounding amps of both genres (ever play through a tube
Crate?  Gahhhh...) and heck, Richard was playing through a Flextone modeling
amp when I caught his band in July.  He sounded just fine, and I suspect
he'd sound fine through a Honeytone; the real magic's in his hands, ears and
imagination.  "Tone" has become the latest buzzword among guitar players,
probably hyped by the manufactuers and magazines because it's the only
aspect of playing that can be bought - after a large enough expenditure, of
course.