(TV) What Time Does Richard Start?

The part of Richard's set that I caught was blistering as usual, even though
there seemed to be a little bit of tension between him and drummer Chris
Butler.  (Richard, toward the end of the first tune: "Don't speed up!!!"
Chris: "I'm NOT speeding up!!!!!")  Gawd, I thought that maybe if I stood
close I'd pick up a few pointers on guitar.  I should  have known better --
Richard's fingers move faster than light.  He did "Fire Engine"!

Turns out I should have stayed for the whole Lloyd set, because Sylvain indeed
did not appear until after 1:30.  He was spirited, and it was great to see
him.  But in the Dolls he was always the comic foil; he's simply not a
frontman.  Sometimes I found myself wishing he'd act his age, instead of
trying to be "the guy who used to be in the Dolls."  That being said, the
one-two-three-four punch of "I Wanna Be Loved," "Pills," "Jet Boy(!!)," and
"Trash" was enough to satisfy even this tough customer.

- Jeff