(TV) Chris Harford and Richard Lloyd

I have always loved Chris Harford's album "...and the 1st rays of the New Rising Son" (?). For years I looked for more solo work from him.

I also saw and booted Matthew Sweet at TT the Bears on 12/10/91. Didn't know Chris was playing bass until much later when I was listening back and heard Matthew intro him.

Quick story about that show: a short while prior to it, I had a hernia operation, and still wasn't getting around easily, so I showed up at 8 PM for the show. The place had just opened, I was the first one in. This was before Girlfriend went through the roof. It was just released, and they gave out a cd single at the door. Anyway, the band came in at 8 to do the soundcheck and I got a private 4-5 song concert out of it. Richard Lloyd came off the stage during one of the songs and stood next to me in the middle of the floor to check the sound, playing guitar the whole time. I was blown away. Television was/is godlike to me, and this was before the reunion tour. I had never seen Richard live.

I didn't say anything. Too awestruck. Was glad I didn't stand there with my mouth open and my chin on my chest.