Re: (TV) Rough guides, Hair Transplants and CSNY

CSNY rock ! I saw them last year and for a bunch of over 50 year olds they
could really make the metal melt. Near the end of Almost Cut My Hair, Crosby
, who was playing a Strat at that moment ,bent over real low with his guitar
facing a little tweed Fendar amp to wring out a little extra feedback . That
moment made my night for me - it was perfect. I've always felt that Neil
Young and Tom Verlaine have very similar soloing styles - very modal,
eastern sounding and of course both are masters of the whammy bar.
Speaking of Deja Vu - that's certainly one of my favorite records; all of
the songs except for "Our House" which I must admit I can't really take, are
great . And especially "Country Girl "which I would agree is the gem of the
bunch. Nash is good songwriter in his own right - I Used to Be A King off of
"Songs for Beginners" make me cry.  Immigration Man is another great song
penned by him. And he's a good guy too, I sent him a get well card when I
heard he broke his legs ( both of them) last year and he sent me back (
along with hundreds of his closest friend I'm sure, an autographed picture
of him - still a really nice gesture ).
Other unfashionable bands I like : The Grateful Dead, The Eagles . Why is it
that so many people seem to dispise this group ? Somehow they have become
the poster boys for corporate rock ? I don't like their sappy stuff but they
rock out with the dual guitar invasion of Felder and Walsh - reminiscent of
Stills Young and Verlaine Lloyd...What up dudes !
- Russ