From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com]On Behalf Of SCOTT
ALDRICH
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 1:14 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Tom's height & hands

I'm a guitar player but I have average sized hands, proportionate to my
size. Obviously Hendrix as well had big hands (that's clear from looking at
all of the photos of him), but I've never heard a convincing case for hand
size to be a factor (unless maybe you frequently play five or more
fret-stretching chords like Joe Pass or Jim Hall, and if you do, God bless
you, but, capo that damn thing!)

Scott

> From: "Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@volpe.dot.gov>
> Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:10:30 -0500
> To: "'tv@obbard.com'" <tv@obbard.com>
> Subject: (TV) Tom's height & hands
>
> Again not to get too hung-up on metrics, but my recollections from the
many
> live performances (and as some of you might have gathered by now--for
better
> or worse, I was always paying extremely very close attention to details of
his
> performance), in particular a show at Hampshire College in in Northampton,
> Massachusetts in November 1982 (the night the power at the school failed
right
> for 15 minutes right in the middle of very long extended version of "Down
On
> the Farm", from Dreamtime),  when I got within 3 feet of him----is that
Tom is