Re: (TV) "ballet mecanique" looks so medieval!

Hi,
Apologies if this has already been raised, and I've missed it, but...
does the film 'ballet mechanique' have anything to do with the bizarre
avant-garde classical piece of the same name? It was written in the 20s
(I think) by a guy called Antheil, and it's scored for 16 player pianos,
an aeroplane propeller, a siren, and assorted percussion. It was never
performed for years, because no-one could work out how to synchronise
all the player pianos, but fairly recently the full version was
performed for the first time using MIDI pianos. I wonder if it was
originally intended to accompany the film?
Tom's music sounds a bit more listenable, though...
Sam