(TV) Re: a chicago tale (OT)

In my (much) younger days (around the time i missed
Television opening for Peter Gabrial - but that's
another tale of woe) I had an intensely passionate
romance which ended ubruptly and unsatisfactorilly.
(I was living in Western Michigan at the time)
A year later, out of the blue, my old flame called me
to apologize for the ending and I drove to meet her in
Chicago the following weekend.  The romance rekindled,
I spent many long weekends in Chi, hating the city
every minute.  It was a 'dark period' to say the
least, and involved many early morning phone calls
from my depressed girlfriend who constantly complained
about the town, but was unwilling to leave to join me
at school in GR.  Finally, I had had enough and drove
to Chi to end the relationship face-to-face.  As I
pulled onto Lake Shore Drive on my way home I had an
epiphamy of how grand Chicago is, and I knew in my
heart that it would be my home one day.  5 years later
I moved and have called it home for the past 18 years.