Re: (TV) San Fran 78

In message <200103042327.SAA09322@metheny.brainiac.com>, Joe Hartley
<jh@brainiac.com> writes

>But I thought Weller stole everything from The Who, except for Start!,
>which was stolen from The Beatles ;)

No, no... once he reached 30 he stopped stealing from Mods and started
stealing from hippies. (Many of whom, strangely, turned out to have been
some of the same Mods during earlier incarnations in 1964 before the
Beatles grew beards and everything changed). Weller reminds me of the
appalling U2 - remember when they discovered The Blues thirty years
after everybody else and made (I think it was) Joshua Tree to tell the
rest of us about this wonderful music they'd just invented? Ah, growing
up in public and getting paid for it...