RE: (TV) I dont know I guess-Female vokes

A conversation I had with a buddy of mine the other day re Nico:

Me: I picked up Nico: Chelsea Live
Buddy: Dude, why?
Me: Why not? I haven't listened to it yet.
Buddy: Ok, see, like I'm the kind of guy who whould never go out of his way to actually *listen* to Nico on purpose. If I happen to be listening to VU & Nico, then I'll put up with it. But dude, Nico solo. That's just nasty.
Me: It brings me back to my dark period.
Buddy: No, you mean your goth days.
Me: *shame* Yeah, okay, fine.

Incidentally, I'm listening to a mix tape from my aforementioned goth days at the moment, and Nico's _My Funny Valentine_ is playing. This is actually a very beautiful version.

Overnout.

-e

>My dissent time ... Nico never impressed me (although I've only heard VU &
>Nico). On VU & Nico, it always sounded to me like she was trying to sing
>below her natural register. The depth just always sounds forced to me.

You've got a point, but it's probably the 'forced' quality of her voice
which i like. And her accent!

    -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Page On A Shadowy Web)

"I've suffered for my music, now it's your turn"
    -- Neil Innes, "Protest Song"

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s) and access to this email by anyone else is
unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient then any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to
be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.