From: "Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) Films not totally off topic (Verlaine, Carradine & Muni)/Richard' s show/Steve Wynn
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:04:51 -0500

Please bear with me for a minute---left off my list of favorite films: "Choose Me" (Alan Rudolph) [sorry, MM list member, Greggluvox!] with Verlaine look-a-like, Keith Carradine and with Lesley Ann Warren; "I was a Fugitive from a Chain Gang" (Paul Muni)---has a strong 'Kingdom Come' connection; "Brother, Where Art Thou? (Coen Brothers); "The Bicycle Thief" and "Umberto D" (De Sica); "Badlands (Terrence Matlick/young Martin Sheen); and "The Hustler" (Paul Newman); "The Third Man" (Carol Reed), which Scott Aldrich also mentioned; and "Citizen Kane" , which J.Germaine also listed.

Henry, yes thanks very much for the review of Richard's show--good work ---I wish I had been able to be there. Anyone else in attendance care to add their take on the show? Henry asked: "Anybody have any information on Steve or Dream Syndicate? How good are they? " My 2 cents: I'm probably in the minority here (but hell, that's never stopped me before): I always thought the Dream Syndicate --and Steve Wynn especially--were one of the more over-rated bands. I bought their first record and saw them at the old Inman Square Men's Bar in Cambridge (with Bob Pfeifer of Human Switchboard as opening act). Self indulgent, not very original, and Wynn------- for someone with his limited talents------ was just was a completely full of himself. Of course, the audience went crazy for them.
	Leo