Re: (TV) On the other hand/Blasphemy

"Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV> wrote:

> The three times I saw Richard with his own band-- he was good, but not
> great. The songs/material were pretty mediocre (boy meets girl, boy
> loses girl, and either  very up-tempo rockers or slow ballads, but
> not much variety in tempo or subject matter, and lacking in subtlety
> not too subtle, and yes, his vocals were uninspiring.

Tom's clearly a better songwriter than Richard, and even a better
vocalist - amazing when you consider that Tom's voice really is an
acquired taste!

I think that it's important to point out that the music Tom and Richard
make with Television somehow becomes more than the sum of its parts.
There's an intensity there that they can't seem to achieve on their own.

Personally, I think Tom knows that, but hates it :)  I can see him
steeling himself once a decade or so to get together with Richard.  He
knows it probably won't be a pleasant time, but that the music will have
benefitted from it.

Of course, I could just be full of $#!+ - it wouldn't be the first time!!