Re: (TV) Rating the TV albums

At 9:48 PM -0700 4/24/01, Russ Van Rooy wrote:
I really like Warm and Cool.

I'm with ya on that. I'm really fond of it. We used to leave it on all night, on repeat. (We also did this with _Thelonious: Himself_, La Monte Young's _The Second Dream_, *and* the first Don Caballero CD, FWIW.)

 It is totally great driving music . Oh, also,
I heard a snippet of music from Warm and Cool being played as background on
NPR ! I'm certain it was from Warm and Cool because I've been listening to
that one a lot lately. Couldn't say song it was though...

They tend to play "Boulevard" from time to time, and IIRC, they've used "Those Harbor Lights." I remember an interview with Tom in...'92, I think, on Morning Edition, and he said that he was afraid that some of W&C would end up as background music for the cable TV weather reports or something...as the editor faded up "Boulevard."

NP: Joel Phelps/The Downer Trio: _Inland Empires_

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/