Re: (TV) Rating the TV albums

At 7:28 PM +0100 4/25/01, Keith Allison wrote:
In message <002101c0cdad$2d171e60$6d04a818@nyc.rr.com>, Dennis
<dend@nyc.rr.com> writes
Warm and Cool ... seems to work
well at the restaurant as background music,

Exactly my point, really. Who wants Tom Verlaine music that serves as
background music - surely that's Eric Clapton's job (or indeed, our old
friends the Ea***es)?

But Keith, that's an advantage--the backgroundy stuff seeps into parts of your brain not covered by the more forward stuff.

Listening to Warm and Cool now, and reminded again of why it's so brilliant--the ultra-cool creepy distorted-edge of "Saucer Crash," the perfect atmosphere of the "Depot" tracks... If I have a complaint, it's that I wish the "Depot" tunes were longer. (OK, and I don't listen to "Ore" and "Lore" that much.) Tube amp tones of the 50's? Sure--bring on vol. 2!

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/