RE: (TV) nyc stores

Re: the NY record store thread
I have not shopped in NYC since 1986 or so, so I don't know what's going on
there anymore, but I do know one other place that is really worth the trip,
if you happen to go out on the island (that's Long Island, to you
non-NY'ers)

Out in Suffolk County, in Lake Ronkonkoma at 279 Portion Rd, is Record Stop.
they have been there for almost 30 years. They have jam-packed a few hundred
thousand CD's in there, and god-only-knows how much vinyl, video, promo
stuff, etc etc.
 When punk, new wave, the NYC scene  - the 'underground' broke, somewhere
around 1976, Record stop had all the import 45's and LPs, all the privately
pressed stuff out of NYC, everything. I bought my LJJ 45 there.
I still buy from Record Stop, mail-order now, and the guys working there are
still able to find anything I am looking for.
 I have not been in Record Stop in a few years, but that last time I called
(looking for Flamin' Groovies) they still had 'everything'.  Don't expect
anything fancy, just tons of music.

>From the LIE: exit 59, go north to Portion Rd, right, and it's about a mile
or so, on the left, just past the Burger King(on right). Tell them Herman
sent ya.
 -H.