RE: (TV) i'm a reasonable man, get off Radiohead's case.....

I haven't heard or read anything I would characterize as a cheap pop. It
seems these alleged pops (holy God, Radiohead are walking the damn edge,
baby!) are the angle journalists are using in their nine billion articles
about Amnesiac. It's kind of a Roger Manning (I'm sorry David Manning, the
fake Sony critic, not the Anti-Folk Singer) situation - pull some phony
quotes from twelve-year-olds saying, "I don't like this new direction" and
the 'reporter' has his angle - "there you have it folks - Radiohead is
taking chances.'
'Are they crazy? Are they trying to sabotage their careers?'
Please, unless they're doing a tribute to Boxcar Willie and selling it on
8-track, I don't think college students and ravers are going to be too
perplexed.

pops
at Radiohead for trying to do something a bit different and less "rock"- it
speaks volumes about how conservative and smallminded most record buyers
have become -