RE: RE: Re: (TV) Lou Reed Bootlegs

Owen Gwilliam just mailed me off-list with an answer:
"Personally, I'm really enjoying it. For a 1972 performance, sound
is pretty great. It's maybe a little flat, but we're nitpicking here. Reed
talks a bit between the songs, which is also nice.

NOTE: This is Lou with The Tots, not with the Hunter/Wagner ROCK & ROLL
ANIMAL band.

Track list:
White Light / White Heat
Vicious
I'm Waiting For The Man
Sweet Jane
(interview with Lou)
Heroin
Satellite Of Love
Walk On The Wild Side
I'm So Free
Berlin
Rock & Roll "

The Bataclan show IS great - I have a copy. I especially like the version of
"Berlin" on that album.

As far as Lou goes, I don't like much of his solo stuff. I like TRANSFORMER,
but that's partially because of my appreciation for the Bowie/Ronson production
team, and I like parts of NEW YORK and all of SONGS FOR DRELLA. But very little
else by Lou Reed has worked for me. (On the other hand, there's a bunch of Cale
albums I adore - PARIS 1919, FEAR, SLOW DAZZLE, FRAGMENTS OF A RAINY SEASON,
and parts of WRONG WAY UP).

I haven't heard THE BLUE MASK, though, which is one I definitely need to...

--Philip