Re: (TV) Lou Reed Bootlegs

Lou sure made some bad albums (esp. Rock and Roll Heart and Mistrial - my
two least favorite LR albs, followed by New Sensations, Legendary Hearts and
Magic and Loss) - but one that I always felt was overlooked is 1980's
'Growing Up In Public'. This features a very full band with keyboards and a
somewhat polished sound. He never does any of these songs live - I don't
know why; they're some of his most honest and cutting lyrics: 'My Old Man',
'Keep Away' and the lovely 'Think It Over' (he should've sung this one in a
higher key though). 'Lou Reed', and 'The Blue Mask' are pretty solid. Cale's
solo stuff is definitely more consistent. Do you have his first -'Vintage
Violence'? It's sooo good, except my vinyl copy is a bit worn. How does the
CD sound?