Re: (TV) Bowie/Verlaine

I think Verlaine was asked to come in to play on "Kingdom Come", and Verlaine brought a room full of amps and tinkered with them in the studio all day, all on Bowie's label's dime. He was asked not to come back the next day.

As far as arrangements go, especially on Ziggy, I'm sure Ronson is responsible for quite a few arrangements.

Did Bowie actually write most of his early songs?  I know they're all
credited to him, exclusively.  However, a number of them are quite
complicated (extreme key changes, obscure chord patterns, tempo and meter
changes throughout the song, etc.)  I had always heard that Bowie was not a
particularly good guitarist/piano player/sax player, however many of his
early songs seem to show someone who obviously knows a lot about song craft.
It's not just three chord pop.  Did he get a lot of "help"?

Didn't Tom Verlaine play on some of the sessions for Scary Monsters? Did he
and Bowie have creative differences?