Re: (TV) Scenes

In message <B7785177.312%joseph-k@swbell.net>, Ken Thompsen <joseph-
k@swbell.net> writes

>Am I listening to Television too
>much?

Not possible, is it?

>Do I have to resort back to older records or soundtracks to get a
>glimpse of beauty? I'd even love to hear one your bands, just send me the
>info.

Our very own Ray is producing music of beauty and hope under the sign of
the Wavewalkers (http://www.wavewalker.freeserve.co.uk/) and I
thoroughly recommend my friend Ric's band Some Rare Footage
(http://www.some-rare-footage.fsnet.co.uk/) His "Permaculture" is a
great CD and all the others are pretty good, too. Greg Grant's "The
Disappearance" should also be on your playlist (GGrant@scdhb.sk.ca)

Here in Chichester, UK, there's the usual pubs full of blues bands, folk
bands and appalling dance music. Most "entertainment" here, at least for
half the year, is geared towards visiting tourists (lots of Americans,
as it happens), because it happens to be a beautiful part of the country
and just chock full of 1000/2000-year-old buildings. You can't throw a
brick around here without hitting something ancient; Roman villas,
Celtic encampments, stuff like that. We get some great bands playing in
the streets for free.

Lot of cows, mind you.

K.