RE: (TV) Thouroughly random comments on VU and White Light/White Heat & John Cale (the verliane tie-in)

Russ,
"The Gift" is a great song.  John Cale has such a neat sounding voice.  I've
never been a huge Velvets fan.  I like the one that's titled "The Velvet
Underground."  If Stephanie Says had been on that album, there'd be no
reason to buy any of the other ones.
Vintage Violence is good.  Your thoughts on the sound are quite accurate.
Cale says that it is his least imaginative album.  He claimed that he was
just trying to master conventional song-writing.  I've heard people say that
VV reminds them of a Cat Stevens album.  Cale admits that he was pretty much
copying the pop radio sound of the time.  However, the lyrics are so funny.
In that regard, it's kind of an experimental album, but it doesn't sound
like it.

Come to think of it, there's a bit of connection between Cale lyrics, Eno
lyrics and Verlaine lyrics.  They all pay close attention to form.  (Like
painters writing songs).

"Paris 1919" is the Cale album to own.  It's up there as one of my all-time
favourites.  Check out the song "The Endless Plain of Fortune."

Here's a great Cale link. www.huizen.dds.nl/~johanm/cale/

I found "Transformer: The Lou Reed Story" to be utter rubbish (couldn't
finish it).  It takes Bockris 400 + pages to prove that Mr. Burns' thousand
monkeys at a thousand typewriters could hash out a better book.  That man
has no more skill or moral integrity than Kitty Kelly.  That's what he is:
the Kitty Kelly for New York rockstars.  He just better make sure he doesn't
write a trashy expose on Tommy V.

"It was the best of times, it was the ...blurst of times?!?!" You stupid
monkey!