(TV) Evolve

Folks,

Just found the first boot I've seen from the 2001 mini-tour. It's called
EVOLVE and it was recorded at the Chicago show.

Sound is ... well ... not great, but certainly listenable. It's obviously an
audience recording, 'cause occasionally the clapping is louder than the band.

Just finished listening, and while I was obviously enjoying the performance,
I had one big time disappointment. Rather than go to a 2 CD set, the
bootlegger *FADES* "Marquee Moon" out at the end to fit it on an 80-minute
CD. Sigh. To be fair, it's obviously possible that his source tape may have
been cut off.

I can't remember, but isn't Chicago the show where the end of the
instrumental section got inadvertantly extended because Richard was fixing
his guitar? The song gets cut off before you get there, so you *can't* hear
it on this CD.

track list:
introduction
1880 Or So
This Tune
Venus
Beauty Trip
Little Johnny Jewel
See No Evil
Call Mr. Lee
band introductions
Prove It
The Rocket
Rhyme
Marquee Moon

Anyway, that's the scoop. Figured I'd pass on the info to the group.

       -- Owen

PS: A question I've been meaning to ask for ages. The intro at the beginning
is what I've seen referred to as "Swells". Is that actually a real title, or
is that something that just evolved? (no pun intended).

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he's [a
jerk], you've got his shoes and you're a mile away"
    -- Rev. Billy C. Wirtz