Re: (TV) OT Eno and Semi - On Topic CJ & F

"We are the 801, we are the central shaft... We saw the Lovers, the Modern
Lovers, and they were very good..."

Which reminds me: when you're ready for it, you should also get 801 LIVE, which
is Manzanera, Eno (on vocals), etc. live in 1976 performing things like "Third
Uncle", "Baby's On Fire", "Sombre Reptiles", and the Beatles' "Tomorrow Never
Knows". If you can, find a copy of the original CD release, not the reissue
from 2000. The reissue adds two bonus tracks but unfortunately fades-out the
last track... stupid mastering error. Also, the two bonus tracks are mixed
quite differently... arg. I've been meaning to try to create a 'new' master out
of both versions...

You can see it at http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=A2hmsa9ygb238

Also, in 1974, Eno performed two of his own songs for Manzanera's excellent
DIAMOND HEAD, the fantastic "Big Day" - one of my favorite Eno songs ever - and
"Miss Shapiro" (heard in a peppier arrangement on 801 LIVE). This is also worth
checking out; both are in the style of TAKING TIGER MOUNTAIN.

It's at http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=A1mnyxddbjol7

--Philip