RE: (TV) OT Eno and Semi - On Topic CJ & F

> "We are the 801, we are the central shaft... We saw the Lovers, the Modern
> Lovers, and they were very good..."

	[Mullen, Patrick Q]  "Now we are on the telephone making final
arrangements...<Ding ! Ding!>  Looking for a certain ratio...someone said
they saw it parking in a car lot...looking up and down the radio...Uh-Oh !
Nothing there this time !"

	 Which reminds me: when you're ready for it, you should also get 801
LIVE, which
> is Manzanera, Eno (on vocals), etc. live in 1976 performing things like
> "Third
> Uncle", "Baby's On Fire", "Sombre Reptiles", and the Beatles' "Tomorrow
> Never
> Knows". If you can, find a copy of the original CD release, not the
> reissue
> from 2000. The reissue adds two bonus tracks but unfortunately fades-out
> the
> last track... stupid mastering error. Also, the two bonus tracks are mixed
> quite differently... arg. I've been meaning to try to create a 'new'
> master out
> of both versions...
>
> You can see it at
> http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=A2hmsa9ygb238

	[Mullen, Patrick Q]

	Willl do !

> Also, in 1974, Eno performed two of his own songs for Manzanera's
> excellent
> DIAMOND HEAD, the fantastic "Big Day" - one of my favorite Eno songs ever
> - and
> "Miss Shapiro" (heard in a peppier arrangement on 801 LIVE). This is also
> worth
> checking out; both are in the style of TAKING TIGER MOUNTAIN.
>
> It's at http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=A1mnyxddbjol7
	[Mullen, Patrick Q]   Will do yet again !

	Here is a question...the Modern lovers comment, and the general
point of "The True Wheel" is the decrepit nature of European culture (at
least one theme in it, anyway...) [Mullen, Patrick Q]  .  What IS the shared
relationship between NY Punk and Glam/Enoesque/bowiesque/etc. Art Rock ?
OK, you start with the velvets and then move to UK Glam.  And....?
Patrick

It is not the big armies that win battles; it is the good ones.
		Marechal Maurice Comte de Saxe, Mes Reveries, 1732

Patrick Q. Mullen
Electronic Resources Unit
Richter Library
University of Miami