RE: (TV) OT Eno and Semi - On Topic CJ & F

Eno claims the whole "801 / central shaft" theme came to him in a dream;
fanatics note that the initials of "eight-nought-one" spell ENO. I think '801'
is a large union in the UK, too. So who knows.

As for NY punk, glam, etc - that's a can of worms and a lot of books have been
written on the subject. My favorite history of the US scene between 1965 and
1980 (with a coda in 1992) is Clinton Heylin's FROM THE VELVETS TO THE
VOIDOIDS; it's certainly the closest thing to a history of Television that
you'll ever find. The UK scene is only covered peripherally, however. Jon
Savage's ENGLAND'S DREAMING handles some of the UK and US scene, but his book
is bogged down with socio-political analysis.

The former is highly recommended for anyone on this list...

--Philip