Re: (TV) Nuggets II

I'd have to say that I think Nuggets 2 is actually better than the original
box set ... it's all academic because I love the US version too but Nuggets
2 definitely is wider reaching ... more wigged out and freakier ...
The US version is basically variations on a theme (albeit an inspired garage
one) whereas 2 delves into flower punk, freakbeat, psychedelia and beyond. I
think the fact that it pulls in bands from a wide source - Australia,
Brazil, Japan etc. is probably the reason.
Anything with the Os Mutantes next to the Masters Apprentices and the Mops
and the Open Mind has got to be an inspired invention.

chris