Re: (TV) OT: Nuggets II

In a message dated 7/28/2001 7:30:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
scottneukam@yahoo.com writes:

> Anyone heard the new Nuggets Volume 2 box set yet?  I just
> saw it for the first time today at a local record shop.  I
> hadn't heard anything about the tracklisting, so I was very
> surprised to see that it was British (mostly) psych/rock
> and not more US garage rock.  I was sort of disappointed
> with some of the big names (Move/Easybeats/Small
> Faces/Them/etc) on there-- what I loved about the first
> Nuggets set was that it was mostly bands that only released
> a handful of singles.  Though now that I think about it,
> there were a few big names on the first set--
> Sonics/Love/Davie Allan/13th Floor Elevators/Turtles...

Sure have, and I'm loving it.

The English leanings are by design. NUGGETS II is intended to be a non-US
version of the original. Lots of UK acts, plus some from Australia, Canada,
and beyond.

And yeah, there's a few bigger names on there, but the style fits in so well
with the rest of the box that I can't argue. A real fun surprise for me (as a
Who freak) was a very cool cover "Circles".

If you liked the first, you'll probably like this one too.

       -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he's [a
jerk], you've got his shoes and you're a mile away"
    -- Rev. Billy C. Wirtz