Re: (TV) OT: Nuggets II

I'm enjoying the Nuggets box a lot...even though some of it is pretty
easily found on record elsewhere, the booklet and fidelity are great and
there's a lot of wonderful, rare stuff, especially the Nederbiet tracks.
Sure, there are some 'big names' on the set, but I don't object much
since most of the bands named had few hits in the US, even though they
bore a lot of influence on US bands. It seems to help structure it a
bit. Some bands featured in multiple tracks, like the Pretties and
Creation, got nowhere at all in the US, but certainly should have. It's
got to be a difficult task for the compilers to winnow it down to just
four discs when they have the world to draw upon. I'm just glad they put
that Tages track on.

Been a lurker for quite a while...popdoofus since forever, Television
fan since age 16 when I picked up "Marquee Moon" and observed "Hey, this
is better than Felt!" (doh!) I live near Detroit, and went to the
Chicago TV and Lloyd shows, both were fantastic.

Julie