Re: Subject: RE: (TV) OT Eno and Semi - On Topic CJ & F

on 7/27/01 8:23 PM, Eric Veillette at ericgv@hotmail.com wrote:

> And so incredibly underrated! All I have is this "Im So Shy" EP and it
> really rips! Is any of her stuff in print at the moment?
>
> More onto the box set, I believe the Rhino Fully Loaded Edition is quite
> incredible as well - several variants of the songs, some never released
> stuff, and, get this - "Rock'n'Roll" with this loud cowbell knockin' in the
> background.
>
> Anyone who caught SNL's "VH1: Blue Oyster Cult in Studio with Bruce
> Dickinson" from last season will get a giggle out of that last one...
>
>> Mo Tucker rules.
>> Her solo albums are fantastic.
>>
>> Micah

I don't want to sound like I'm unimpressed with Mo Tucker or anything, but
she barely played on the album at all. What version of "Rock and Roll" is
being discussed here? My opinion is that Loaded is the Velvets' worst album
for that very reason - that Maureen Tucker wasn't there. I think that that
droning style she had is the big reason (not exclusively) that the VU never
could approach mainstream until Loaded. In my opinion, they kind of stunk
because of that (minus Mo and Cale).