RE: (TV) OT: Earliest memory of rock

I remember sneaking up to my parents bedroom to watch the Beatles at Shea Stadium (1964)on a B+W TV, but I don't trust this memory. Was it even televised? My parents hated rock and roll and forbade me from listening to it. Then, in the heaven that was '67, they got me a 9-volt transistor radio on the condition that I wouldn't listen to r'n r. Of course, when the lights were out, the radio through the pillow allowed me to hear Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields Forever, For What It's Worth, Lady Jane and Darlin' Be Home Soon, and these are the first memories of rock that I trust.

Cheers,

Brian