Re: (TV) Most clever TV lyric?

From: "Philip P. Obbard" <pobbard@yahoo.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Most clever TV lyric?
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:21:52 -0700 (PDT)

"Never the rose without the prick" would have to be my favorite. But there are
plenty of solid contenders!!

hmmm, i never quite understood that. the rose & prick thing. is it a "beauty and the beast" thing? or an ideomatic expression? or that everything beautiful contains something real ugly? please explain. in sweden we have an expression "the back side of the medallion (oh that sounds corny), i e something seemingly really nice and shiny which is in fact dirty and useless in another perspective.

yeah, i love TV:s lyrics. i have fallen for the surrealistic "broadway seem so medieval, it seems to flap, like little pages". that's so beautiful: rilke, rimbaud, pound, plath n' sexton and some other greats must be turnin' in their graves... there's just so much to choose between. "i want a nice little boat, made outta ocean". haha.

karin.

--Philip