Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #464

on 8/20/01 7:51 PM, DAYKARAK@aol.com at DAYKARAK@aol.com wrote:

> P.S.: Off the subject, but anyone know of some good amplifiers to be had for,
> oh, $800 or less?

A lot of stuff used I know that -- Marshall, Vox, Fender...Their everywhere.
For new stuff, non-Fender, there's a Marshall combo for around that price (I
guess you have to like Marshall though)...Besides the Fender Hot Rod, which
I have myself, the '65 Deluxe Reverb falls under that price...Plus, it's
only 22w, so you can crank it up. If you want a Fender sound in a new amp,
that would be it. I suggest to look for something used first. I've seen
Twins for 500 to 600 bucks in my town. It couldn't be much different
anywhere else. Most are silver faced, but all of that can be improved.